The Celebration of the Sea Foundation works to inspire, educate and engage people around the world to protect the ocean and its resources. A specific focus of all their initiatives is STREAM (Science, Technology, Recreation, Engineering, Arts & Music) education for children and families. The Foundation’s programs focus on ways in which each of us can make a positive impact on the environment while placing specific emphasis on the world’s ecological systems. Additionally, emphasis is placed on developing and supporting educational and environmental programs for inner city students and families. The Celebration of the Sea Foundation is also proud to have developed the World Ocean Watch (WOW) Environmental and Educational Marine Science Program & Eco-Link™ to train students around the world to serve as ambassadors for our planet’s oceans. The Eco-Link Challenge is an open call for students to serve as Eco-Reporters and submit environmentally based Public Service Announcements and short form informational videos to engage and educate the public on critical environmental issues around the world.
- To promote a sense of global stewardship towards the environment and the living things that inhabit it.
- To produce engaging and educational programs for families, teachers and students.
- To make the world of science, exploration and the arts exciting and interesting to both children and adults.
- To utilize interactive technology and outreach programs to motivate everyone to want to learn about the environment and protect the animals that inhabit it.
Strategy: To emphasize ENTERTAINMENT, EDUCATION and TECHNOLOGY in the production of the following – all of which promote the theme of community (how all aspects of the environment, including human activity, are intricately related) and all of which strive to motivate people, particularly children, to improve current environmental conditions:
- Educational programs and ancillary support materials for classrooms and families.
- Live and recorded video content for television and social media networks as well as custom apps and web based interactive broadcasts for schools and family home viewing.
- Traveling exhibitions to be showcased at high profile public forums, leading aquariums, maritime centers, museums and entertainment facilities.
- Concerts, festivals and special events.
- Field expeditions (in-reach/out-reach programs) for students, teachers and families. (Many expeditions have a diving/snorkeling and exploration component).
For more information, visit their website here!